The Colorado Advisory Council on Military Education (CO-ACME), in coordination with the Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Council, are sponsoring scholarships to be awarded to deserving U.S. Military service members, veterans, and their spouses pursuing a higher education degree.
The scholarships are awarded to those who have been accepted to an accredited college or university, or who are current college students seeking support for either a traditional degree-seeking program up to and including Master’s degrees or for vocational, career, or technical education.
Applicants must be committed to attend during the 2012 – 2013 academic year. Students who have been selected to attend a Military Service Academy are not eligible. The award for the 2012 – 2013 academic year is $1,000.00, and five scholarships will be awarded.
The Scholarships are awarded based on:
- Potential for academic success
- The importance of the scholarship to academic pursuits
- Financial need
A Scholarship Selection Committee will score all applications and select the scholarship recipients. The scholarship selection process is nondiscriminatory and Scholarship Committee members’ immediate family members are not eligible for a scholarship award nor can they benefit financially in any way from this program. The actual amounts and numbers of scholarships awarded may vary depending on the available funding in a given year. There is no specified restriction on the use of scholarship award moneys; however, it is the intent of the committee that they be utilized in the direct support of academic pursuits.
Complete application packages must include the following (only complete packages will be considered):
- Application form (completely filled out). Applicants must use the attached application form.
- An official or unofficial transcript of your high school and/or (as applicable) any colleges / vocational schools attended. Transcripts should be included with the application package and not be mailed separately by the institution.
- Three letters of recommendation from current or past teachers or employers of the applicant.
- A copy of a current LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) or DD214.
- A one to three page essay explaining your educational and career goals, and how this scholarship will help achieve these goals. (Essay guidelines: 1- 3 pages, single-spaced, font size 10 or larger, no less than 1” margins.)
Please review your application to ensure all questions are complete, scan and email the signed/dated application, plus all other requested information, to the selection committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Files must be in PDF format.
Applications submitted after midnight MST on July 1, 2012 will not be accepted. Application materials cannot be returned.
Each scholarship recipient will be notified of his/her selection no later than July 31, 2012.
It is the intent of the committee that the money be used in direct support of academic pursuits. Scholarship will be sent directly to the institution.
Email complete package to: email@example.com.
For additional information, please contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Regis University’s long history of educating our active duty and veteran service men and women, visit: http://cps.regis.edu/military.php.