MBA Degree: Finance and Accounting
The Regis University MBA degree with a specialization in Finance and Accounting prepares you to assume an important role in managing your organization's fiscal policy and operations, while at the same time increasing your expertise in key financial areas and developing skills essential to business and leadership.
- Available in accelerated 8-week terms
- Classroom format is not available in Nevada.
Classroom-based courses: $780 /credit hour
Online-based courses: $810 /credit hour
Total Degree Requirements
36 Credit Hours
- Strategic Human Resource Integration
- Executive Leadership
- Executive Project Management
- All Graduate Certificates
Want to learn more about Regis University and the MBA Degree: Finance and Accounting degree program? We are here to help you get started.
- Request an information packet on your degree.
- Reach an Enrollment Counselor by phone at 1-800-944-7667. Enrollment Counselors are available Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (MST)
live with a Regis Enrollment Counselor.
Chat hours of operation are:
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (MST)
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (MST).
- Email us by sending your question or request to email@example.com. Please include your name and contact information.
Ready to start your online application? Once you create your account, you can complete your application at your own pace. There is no cost to start your application and the information you provide will greatly assist your enrollment counselor in evaluating your specific needs.
Our Regis University Enrollment Counselors are here to guide you through the admissions process. You won't find any high-pressure sales tactics at Regis. Most of our counselors are or have been Regis students and they understand your questions and concerns about returning to school.
Congratulations on pursuing your degree! We look forward to helping you.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 edition, the role of financial and accounting professionals is evolving as technological advances make it possible to increase the sophistication and depth of analysis. Additionally, financial and accounting professionals, especially at a managerial level, often play important roles in mergers and acquisitions, and in global expansion initiatives. The on-campus and online MBA degree in Finance and Accounting is designed to provide the solid foundation for you to confidently provide senior management with financial reports and data, as well as to offer input and ideas on where your company could improve profitability.
A Degree That Will Help You Achieve Your Goals:
- Develop managerial expertise through applications-oriented instruction.
- Enhance self-confidence to become an exceptional and influential leader.
- Open doors to maximizing earning power, achieving professional advancement, and realizing personal goals.
- Take advantage of privileged access to Becker™ CPA Exam Review courses through a $400 partner discount for eligible Regis graduates.
Admission Requirements & Application Deadlines
- Official GMAT score which must include the Analytical Writing section with minimum score of 3.5 OR 1 Admission Essay
- Completed Online Application Form
- $75 non-refundable application fee (waived for graduates of Regis University)
- Degree-bearing Transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited institution and sent directly to Regis University, CPS Graduate Admissions Office. Also include any transcripts that contain information regarding Undergraduate courses that would meet the prerequisite requirements. Official degree bearing transcript MUST have a print date of within one year of your application date and sent within 30 days from the date of application. Unofficial transcripts may be sent to complete the file for the faculty interview. They must contain: a. student name b. degree awarded and date conferred (if applicable) c. institution name.
- The coursework of returning students (whose degree plans have expired) and/or transfer students must have been completed less than 10 years prior to the current admission into the degree program in order to be applied toward degree requirements.
- Faculty Interview
- Current Résumé
- Two Online Recommendations from colleagues or supervisors who know your work in a professional setting and are able to give specific information about your abilities and potential. The application system will automatically send an email with a link and instructions on how to submit recommendations directly to Regis.
- Additional admission requirements apply to students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember - applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed
- Completion of MBA foundation courses *
*Required for full admission only. Students may still be admitted on a provisional basis, where full admission will only be granted upon successful completion of foundation courses.
|Fall 1 - 2012||August 13, 2012|
|Fall 2 - 2012||October 8, 2012|
|Spring 1 - 2013||December 21, 2012|
|Spring 2 - 2013||February 18, 2013|
|Summer 1 - 2013||April 22, 2013|
|Summer 2 - 2013||June 17, 2013|
* Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
MBA Degree: Finance & Accounting Curriculum
The curriculum, taken in the track progression listed below, is comprised of 12 8-week courses that are structured so that one course builds upon the mastery of other courses and emphasizes the integration of course materials to ensure a cohesive, coordinated learning experience.
To be fully admitted into the Regis University CPS MBA program, students must demonstrate foundational knowledge required to successfully complete the MBA curriculum. Coursework taken as part of an undergraduate degree, testing or transfer credit may meet these foundational knowledge prerequisites. To view the options that can satisfy these prerequisites, visit the program prerequisite page.
Core Courses (18 Credit Hours)
Core Courses cover key business skills and are taken by all MBA students.
- MBAC 600 The Economics of Management (3 Credit Hours)
- MBAC 601 Ethical and Legal Environment of Business (3 Credit Hours)
- MBAC 602 Developing Effective Organizations (3 Credit Hours)
- MBAC 603 Marketing and Operations Decision Points (3 Credit Hours)
- MBAC 604 Accounting and Finance Concepts for Managers (3 Credit Hours)
- MBAC 610 Enterprise Management in a Global Environment (3 Credit Hours)
Specialization Requirements (6 credit hours)
- MBAA 602 Interpreting Accounting Information (3 Credit Hours)
- MBAF 602 Financial Decision Making (3 Credit Hours)
Specialization Electives (9 credit hours)
- Three elective courses selected from the remaining MBAF or MBAA 600 level Finance and Accounting elective courses. Some restrictions may apply - consult your advisor. View all MBA course descriptions.
Additional Electives (3 credit hours)
- One elective course selected from the remaining MBA 600 level courses. View all MBA course descriptions.
|Starts||Classes Begin||Classes End||Registration Ends
for Online Courses
|Summer 2 - 2012||July 2||August 26||June 27|
|Fall 1 - 2012||August 27||October 21||September 4|
|Fall 2 - 2012||October 22||December 16||October 29|
|Spring 1 - 2013||January 7||March 3||January 14|
|Spring 2 - 2013||March 4||April 28||March 11|
|Summer 1 - 2013||May 6||June 30||May 13|
|Summer 2 - 2013||July 1||August 25||July 9|